PokéForumunity
Welcome to PokéForumunity! It appears you are logged out. Please login for additional features and content. If you don't have an account already, please feel free to make one to receieve additional features and content.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PokéForumunity
Welcome to PokéForumunity! It appears you are logged out. Please login for additional features and content. If you don't have an account already, please feel free to make one to receieve additional features and content.
PokéForumunity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New alola pokemon in OU

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New alola pokemon in OU Empty New alola pokemon in OU

Post by Woyaojinkela Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:35 pm

Sun and moon just got released and Pokemon showdown has its beta version for the 7th gen with the new alola pokemon. When I scroll down the list, I kept questioning myself, why are they so OP?

Before it got released, I was hyped about ash-greninja. When it actually came out, I raged, an hour later I found out I ran out of tables.

(JK, i know it just go released so the thing that is meant to be ubers are in Ou right now so...)
OP List(in my opinion):
Araquanid
HP: 68
Attack: 70
Defense: 92
Sp.Atk: 50
Sp.Def: 132
Speed: 43

Ability: Water bubble, Water absorb
Type: Water/Bug
When I first look at this pokemon, I'm like meh, trash stats across the board except Sp.Def and ok def. Then I'm like water bubble? what the heck is that? It's just bubble so it can't be that strong right? WRONG.
Water Bubble: This Pokemon's Water power is 2x; it can't be burned; Fire power against it is halved.
uh.... Water power double..... Azumarill has its 50 attack stats doubled and become a fersome wallbreaker, this thing has 70 attack and gets its water STAB doubled, um... Also water type gets Liquidation which is a better version of waterfall(Water Physical Power 85 Accuracy 100% PP 16 20% chance to lower the target's Defense by 1.). So this pokemon is basically going to spam liquidation all day. Also it can tank scald all day, as it's resistence to water and can not be burned because water bubble and has a really high special def.

Bewear:
HP: 120
Atk: 125
Def: 80
Sp.Atk: 55
Sp.Def: 60
Speed: 60
Type: Normal/Fighting
Ability: Fluffy, Klutz, Unnerve

When I look at this pokemon's stat and I be like it's not that good, but it should have the potential to be a tank. Then I look at the ability and see klutz and unnerve, I be like wow it's bad. Then I see fluffy... I wasn't beware of that... Fluffy: This Pokemon takes 1/2 damage from contact moves, 2x damage from Fire moves. 1/2 from contact move. WTF. Most physical attack are contact move so fluffy is almost as good as fur coat .____. 120 hp and 80 def that take half of the damage on contact move..... Just Why gamefreak? ferrothorn, skarmory and hippowdon is enough right... If you fully invest physical defense, the 80 bas def works the same as 209.5 base def on contact move. 209.5freaking defennse with 120 hp, good it doesn't have recovery except rest. BUT IT TAKES NO DAMAGE FROM CONTACT MOVE SO...
Anyway, I did a calculation, i changed abomosnow's defense into 80, grass into normal and ability into furcoat and life orb into lefty and...
252 Atk Life Orb Adaptability Crawdaunt Crabhammer vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Abomasnow: 114-135 (29.6 - 35.1%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
one of the hardest hitting physical wall breaker, 4 hit kos it...

Buzzwole

HP: 107
Attack: 139
Defense: 139
Sp. Atk: 53
Sp. Def: 53
Speed: 79

Type: bug/fighting
Ability: beast boost
I looked at it and be like ok this doesn't seem bad. And i see it's ability beast boost (after taking down a pokemon, it's highest stat get boosted by 1 stage) Cough cough scarf superpower spam.

Celesteela

HP: 97
Attack: 101
Defense: 103
Sp. Atk.:107
Sp. Def.: 101
Speed: 61
Type: steel/flying
Ability: beast boost
The new ferrothorn with skarm's godly typing.... It has mew bulk but good defensive typing and really good ability. I don't think this pokemon will be that broken but this pokemon can literally do like every single role. It's really funny, because it is a steel/flying, but it can learn earthquake, energy ball, fire blast, flame charge, flamethrower, giga drain, grass knot, leech seed(wtf gamefreak), seed bomb and stone edge. Need revenge killer? Scarf with beast boost. Need a tank, this thing is freaking bulky. Need a staller? This thing gets leech seed and rest. Need a lure for heatran? this thing gets earthquake. Need to duel with annoying water/ground? Energy/grass knot/gige drain. Need a sweeper? Autotomize+beast boost

Kartana:
HP: 59
Attack: 181
Defense: 131
Sp. Atk.L 59
Sp. Def.: 31
Speed: 109

Type: Grass/Steel
Ability: Beast boost

Holy crap that stats... What is a 109 speed and 181 attack dude doing here... If this pokemon is not legendary then the pokemon company is legitmently trolling us. Freaking beast boost too... and if you hit it with physical priorty like sucker punch or mach punch it is likely to survive due to that physical bulk... And it gets stab leaf blade... and sacred sword for steel types and don't even mention swords dance...

Phermosa
HP: 71
Attack: 137
Defense:37
Sp. Atk.:137
Sp. Def.:37
Speed:151
Type: bug/fighting

The new deoxys is here, with beast boost, with ability to run a physical and special set, and is right now in OU. It even gets rapid spin... (sash+quiver dance can be fun too XD)

Tapu Bulu:
HP: 70
Attack: 130
Defense: 115
Sp. Atk.: 85
Sp. Def.: 95
Speed: 75

Ability: Grassy Surge
Type: Grass Fairy

Grassy surge summons grassy terrain. So um grassy terrain boosted STAB wood hammer from 130 attack, um... and also swords dance...

tapu koko:
HP: 70
Attack: 115
Defense: 85
Sp. Atk.: 95
Sp. Def.: 75
Speed: 130
ability: electric surge
type: electric/fairy

summons eletric terrain then hammers with 115 attack wild charge... and 130 speed... it doesn't have much physical attack tho, but the special set is really good.

HP
Attack: 70
Defense: 85
Sp. Atk.: 75
Sp. Def.: 130
Speed: 115
Base: 95
Abilty: Psychic surge
Type: Psychic Fairy

130 special attack with psychic terrain boost ing psychic moves and psychic stab ._.

Toxapex
HP: 50
Attack: 63
Defense: 152
Sp. Atk.: 53
Sp. Def.: 142
Speed: 35
Type: Water/Poison
Ability: Merciless, limber, regenerator

this bulk... why??? why gamefreak. This thing can't get more annoying. definately in the top ten most annoying pokemon. this thing has that 50/152/142 bulk, a good defensive typing, and two really annoying abilities... Regenerator which you should know about, and merciless.
Merciless: This Pokemon's attacks are critical hits if the target is poisoned.
You get crit once you are poisoned XDXD Doesn't seem annoying enough? It gets this
Baneful Bunker: Poison, Status, Accuracy—PP 16 Protects from moves. Contact: poison.
It's like kingsshield but it poisons instead of dropping the opponent's attack stat. And if you have merciless then you can crit that pokemon all day... That's freaking annoying if you ask me. And guess what, it gets recover too ... and scald and toxic spikes...

Xurkitree
HP: 83
Attack: 89
Defense: 71
Sp. Atk.: 173
Sp. Def.: 71
Speed: 83
Type: Electric

173 special attack with beast boost. What the hell??? WHY?? And guess what, it has tail glow too....... and energy ball for ground types... You could use tapu koko to summon electric terrain and this thing just....

Phew that was tiring, now for some honorble mention

Pelliper: gets drizzle now, basically a better politoad because it can roost, U-turn and defog
Wishiwashi-school: i dont know how it works but if you start with the school form, it's freakking tanky and hits freaking hard
Zygarde complete: never tried it yet, but it's total stat is 708 ._. The 10% or 50% form will need to be below 50% health to become the complete form tho
guzzlord: this thing has 223 base hp...
alola ninetails: it gets snow warning now and there are now pokemon with slush rush, which makes their speed double in hail
alola golem: becomes rock/electric and have magnet pull. A very good steel type trapper, and yes there are a tons more steel types. It's other ability galvanize is basically the electric version of aerilate except it only gives 20% more power instead of 30%.
nihilgo: decent speed and special attack with beast boost. Just not insanely good stats
Magearna: One of the best typing, good bulk, good special attack, and when it takes down a pokemon its special attack increase
The sun lion and the moon whatever that is: They are already but in Uber and I don't think they will be OP in there
leech life: 20bp into freaking 80 (all hail da ninjask and bank crobat)
EDIT: necrozma: good bulk all around and high special attack. Has the ability prism tower which is basically filter. It has recovery, support moves like twave and stealth rock and access to calm mind. It has like no good special coverage except dark pulse tho >.>

Pokemon that got rekt and nerfed
Genger: no more levitate for it, now earthquake rekts it.
talonflame: gale wings got nerfed so that it only gives flying move priority when the pokemon is at full health. No more brave bird from smogon bird..;
Mega kangaskan: Parential bond got nerfed to 1.25x instead of 1.5x
eviolite user: got nerfed from 1.5x to 1.25x
aeriilate, pixelate, refrigerate user: power nerfed from 1.3x to 1.2x
darkrai: dark void is now 50% accurate...

So there, that's my opinion on the new sun and moon pokemon. Of course, I probably missed a few op pokemon somewhere so if you think a pokemon is OP or really good and want me to add to the list, please say so :^) Have a good day :^)

Last edited by Woyaojinkela on Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:04 am; edited 2 times in total
Woyaojinkela

Woyaojinkela
fish

fish

Pokédollars : 9312

Back to top Go down

New alola pokemon in OU Empty Re: New alola pokemon in OU

Post by Elementar Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:56 am

Some of the new ones are massively OP. Pheromosa is Uber, surely. I think they've nerfed previous gens because they want to make the newer Pokemon more popular. They're probably going to keep doing it for a while. And Wishiwashi school form is the most tanky thing in existence. That will be popular too.
Elementar

Elementar
Grandmaster Tactician

Grandmaster Tactician

Pokédollars : 1341

Back to top Go down

Post by Woyaojinkela Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:09 am

Knew phermosa's gonna get banned n_n
how does wishiwashi's school form activate in showdown
Woyaojinkela

Woyaojinkela
fish

fish

Back to top Go down

Post by Champion Blackwolf Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:51 pm

Good introduction to new threats Wink Yet I'd add Necrozma (mythical #800) to the honorable mentions: 97/101/89 bulk with 127 base special attack, psychic type, an ability that works like Solid Rock or Filter, learns Autotomize, Moonlight and a signature move with a 160 base power, works like Hyper Beam but it can afford that move (managed to use it twice in one battle) Just imagine it with a weakness policy. Weighed down by poor coverage.
Champion Blackwolf

Champion Blackwolf

Pokédollars : 904

Back to top Go down

Post by Woyaojinkela Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:01 am

i'll addd that in n_n. Definately not OP but should deserve honorable mention for having dat special attack and bulk
Woyaojinkela

Woyaojinkela
fish

fish

Back to top Go down

Post by Elementar Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:41 pm

Wishiwashi starts off in School Form. It loses the form below 25% health.
Elementar

Elementar
Grandmaster Tactician

Grandmaster Tactician

Back to top Go down

Post by Woyaojinkela Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:59 am

Oh ok, too bad it doesn't get recovery D:
*cough cough toxepex*
if its health is at lower 25%, then use rest, will it turn back to school?
Woyaojinkela

Woyaojinkela
fish

fish

Back to top Go down

Post by Elementar Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:03 am

Yes.

Also, Zygarde Complete has been banned from OU. Too good.

And Alolan Marowak is really good too. Give it the Thick Club to double attack, Rock Head for a hidden ability, and a set of Flare Blitz, Bonearang (however it's spelt), Shadow Bone and Flame Charge to finish off and increase speed. It's OU and really being used.
Elementar

Elementar
Grandmaster Tactician

Grandmaster Tactician

Back to top Go down

Post by Woyaojinkela Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:59 am

everything is OU right now except the ubers ._.
Woyaojinkela

Woyaojinkela
fish

fish

Back to top Go down

Post by Elementar Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:32 pm

I know, but it's going to be OU from most people's experiences.
Elementar

Elementar
Grandmaster Tactician

Grandmaster Tactician

Back to top Go down

Post by Woyaojinkela Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:46 pm

It hits freaking hard XD. snorlax walls it
Woyaojinkela

Woyaojinkela
fish