PokéForumunity
Welcome to PokéForumunity! It appears you are logged out. Please login for additional features and content. If you don't have an account already, please feel free to make one to receieve additional features and content.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PokéForumunity
Welcome to PokéForumunity! It appears you are logged out. Please login for additional features and content. If you don't have an account already, please feel free to make one to receieve additional features and content.
PokéForumunity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

strongest non legendary non mega pokemon

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What is the strongest pokemon out of these in game

strongest non legendary non mega pokemon I_vote_lcap17%strongest non legendary non mega pokemon I_vote_rcap 17% 
[ 1 ]
strongest non legendary non mega pokemon I_vote_lcap17%strongest non legendary non mega pokemon I_vote_rcap 17% 
[ 1 ]
strongest non legendary non mega pokemon I_vote_lcap33%strongest non legendary non mega pokemon I_vote_rcap 33% 
[ 2 ]
strongest non legendary non mega pokemon I_vote_lcap33%strongest non legendary non mega pokemon I_vote_rcap 33% 
[ 2 ]
strongest non legendary non mega pokemon I_vote_lcap0%strongest non legendary non mega pokemon I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
strongest non legendary non mega pokemon I_vote_lcap0%strongest non legendary non mega pokemon I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 6

Poll closed

strongest non legendary non mega pokemon Empty strongest non legendary non mega pokemon

Post by Woyaojinkela Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:59 pm

Noobs, please don't vote. . When you vote, you need to have legit reasonings. That means, it has to have a reason of stats, abilities, movesets or typing. Reasons such as anime or design do not count. This is also non mega and non legendary, any reasons consisting those does not count. For the pokemon that has legit reasons, after we have like 5, will will have a poll that lasts for a few days. Post your opponion in the comment box (with legit reasoning please). You are also welcome to "throw dirt" at other pokemon, just make sure you have legit reasoning and be polite.

You can comment on more than one pokemon, but you can only vote for one pokemon.

Edit: the first poll is going to start. It will last ten days. The winner will be posted here. There is the option of pseudo legendary and others, if you choose either, please comment on which pokemon you think is the best. Remember you can only vote for one.

In my opinion, it would be the ones that are in Ubers, that means it would be aegislash, blaziken and greninja. Aegislash has a great defence of 60/150/150, and when it is blade form, it has a good offence of 150/150 offence. It is really slow (base speed 60), but it makes good use of it, since it wants to take the attack in shield form, and attack in blade form. It has good moves like swords dance, shadow sneak, and most importantly, king's shield. King's shield allows it to transfrom from blade form to shield form, so that it can take an attack in shield form and then attack in blade form. King's shield also function like protect, and when the opponent uses a move that makes contact with it when it uses king's shield, the opponent drop its attack by two stage. Aegislash also gets a lot of resistance.

Blaziken has a good attack of 120 and a nice 110 special attack. It has the ability speed boost, boosting its speed one stage at the end of every turn. Having access to swords dance and speed boost makes it a good sweeper. With powerful STAB of flare blitz and high jump kick/low kick, it can be hard to stop. It also has nice coverage like stone edge and thunder punch. When it has problem breaking past a pokemon, it can baton pass it to another pokemon.

Greninja has a great speed of 122, and a legit special attack of 103. It has the ability protean, changing his type to the type of the move everytime he uses a move, meaning STAB on every move. With good attack moves like hydro pump, ice beam, dark pulse, extransensory, gunk shot, low kick, it is a nice sweeper/revenge killer. It also functions as a suicide lead, it does have toxic spikes and spikes and priority attack like shadow sneak and water shuriken.

Last edited by Woyaojinkela on Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:21 pm; edited 4 times in total
Woyaojinkela

Woyaojinkela
fish

fish

Pokédollars : 9312

Back to top Go down

strongest non legendary non mega pokemon Empty Re: strongest non legendary non mega pokemon

Post by Elementar Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:57 pm

I vote for any pseudo legendary, or slaking if you can replace its ability with a move or strategy. A base stat total of 670 is hard to beat, and if you can surpass its ability, it will be really good. However, pseudo legendaries are probably a better choice.
Elementar

Elementar
Grandmaster Tactician

Grandmaster Tactician

Pokédollars : 1341

Back to top Go down

strongest non legendary non mega pokemon Empty Re: strongest non legendary non mega pokemon

Post by Woyaojinkela Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:26 am

7JayDee7 wrote:I vote for any pseudo legendary, or slaking if you can replace its ability with a move or strategy.  A base stat total of 670 is hard to beat, and if you can surpass its ability, it will be really good.  However, pseudo legendaries are probably a better choice.
no hacking, you can't replace its ability
I personally think not all pseudo legendary really deserve that high, as stats alone doesn't make a pokemon great
Woyaojinkela

Woyaojinkela
fish

fish

Back to top Go down

Post by Elementar Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:45 pm

I know no hacking, but other abilities and moves can replace its ability for the battle legally. Like a Pokémon acquiring the ability Simple. There are other methods that I can't currently think of right now.
Elementar

Elementar
Grandmaster Tactician

Grandmaster Tactician

Back to top Go down

Post by Woyaojinkela Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:15 pm

You mean something like skill swap? That kind of waste a turn though._. And makes your other pokemon kind of useless
Woyaojinkela

Woyaojinkela
fish

fish

Back to top Go down

Post by Elementar Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:23 pm

Yeah, that's why I'd prefer to use a pseudo legendary.
Elementar

Elementar
Grandmaster Tactician

Grandmaster Tactician

Back to top Go down

Post by Woyaojinkela Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:19 pm

Though stats alone isn't really enough. Take kyurem-black(a legendary) for example, its stats are clearly off chart for ou, but its moveset prevented it from being broken, while pokemon like mega mawile, have bad stats on paper, can be broken.
Woyaojinkela

Woyaojinkela
fish

fish

Back to top Go down

Post by Elementar Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:15 pm

Yeah. Protean Greninja is good, as well as Iron Fist Infernape.
Elementar

Elementar
Grandmaster Tactician

Grandmaster Tactician

Back to top Go down

Post by Woyaojinkela Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:06 pm

Infernape is just too frail and it doesn't have a too great stat. Its offence is overall pretty good but I don't think it should be top.
Woyaojinkela

Woyaojinkela
fish

fish

Back to top Go down

Post by Elementar Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:49 pm

Definitely not, just saying that it's a pretty strong starter. Aegislash is very competitive.
Elementar

Elementar
Grandmaster Tactician

Grandmaster Tactician

Back to top Go down

Post by Woyaojinkela Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:35 am

after aegislash, blaziken, greninja, I thnk it would be garchomp, clefable, dragonite, tyranitar, azumarill, talonflame and kelfkis.
Garchomp simply has a good overall stats, it got 130 attack, 102 speed, legit bulk. It also has rough skin, access to swords dance, some coverage like stone edge, fire blast, iron head.
Clefable's stats suck, but everything else is very good. 95/73/95 bulk is ok, it has the ability magic guard and unware, both are really good. It has access to soft boiled, calm mind and cosmic power for defensive purpose, it gets very good coverage like fire blast, thunderbolt, ice beam, etc. It also gets good support moves like stealth rock and thunder wave. Being a fairy monotype, it has useful resistance and only two weakness.
Dragonite, Another pseudo legendary. This one has a great bulk because of multiscale. With multiscale, it can usually take a non ice type super effective move and set up dragon dance. It has a good attack of 134 to make good use of dragon dance. It has good coverage like earthquake, fire punch and extreme speed.
Tyranitar, another pseudo legendary. It has a great bulk of 100/110 physical defense, 80 special defence(I think). The ability sand stream gives automatic sandstorm, tyranitar is a rock type so it has a 50% special defence. It has a good 135 attack, good support moves like stealth rock and thunder wave. It can dragon dance, though it is too slow.
Azumarill's stats sucks, but one thing made it great, huge power. Huge power made its 50 attack 149 base stats. With that, it is a great wall breaker. It can utilize belly drum+aqua jet combo, making it a good wall breaker. Water/fairy typing also has some great resistance.
Talonflame's stats isn't good either, the only thing good about its stats is it's speed. But again, ability kicks in, it has gale wings, making its flying type move +1 priority. With brave bird and brave bird, it makes talonflame a great late game clean upper or revenge killer.
Kelfki's stat is once again, bad. But it has prankster, making non attack move a priority move. It can ultimately annoy someone with thunder wave and swagger, then foul play. Even when swagger is banned, it is a good supporter. It has access to dual screen, spikes, thunder wave, magnetic rise. It also has argubally the best defensive typing, steel/fairy has only two weakness and a tons of resistance and two immunities.
Woyaojinkela

Woyaojinkela
fish

fish

Back to top Go down

Post by Woyaojinkela Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:13 pm

Everybody, we have a poll, anybody are welcome to vote for this one.

Edit: whoever voted the pseudo legendary, please tell which one you are voting for
Woyaojinkela

Woyaojinkela
fish

fish

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard and Blaziken Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:17 am

Blaziken was the first non-legendary Pokemon banned from OU for a reason. Speed Boost alongside Flare Blitz, High Jump Kick, and Knock Off destroy the metagame with his stats. Life Orb Blaziken is slightly stronger than Mega Blaziken, so keep that in mind.

Since OR/AS came out, we do have a better counter in Slowbro holding Slowbronite, but it would be pressured not to Mega Evolve, relying on Regenerator to heal off the damage it takes upon switching into High Jump Kick, and you'd better have a way to remove hazards, because even adding Stealth Rock will wear Slowbro down quickly with repeated switch-ins.

Azumarill takes so much damage upon switch-in that it's not even almost okay to bring it in to attempt anything. Add in the fact that most people carried Mega Venusaur alongside Blaziken back when Blaziken was OU specifically to counter Azumarill (and I do mean counter; Azumarill cannot even threaten a 3HKO on Venusaur), and the only thing Azumarill can do is force Blaziken out after Blaziken has killed something.

Gyarados isn't a counter because Stealth Rock is too common, and Gyarados is 2HKO'd by High Jump Kick after Stealth Rock damage, even factoring Intimidate, nevermind the people that ran ThunderPunch specifically to screw with Gyarados.

His movepool is very wide, including great competitive moves such as Flare Blitz, High Jump Kick, Knock Off, Stone Edge, ThunderPunch, Earthquake, Swords Dance, Hone Claws, Protect, Substitute, Work Up, Baton Pass (which, when unbanned along with Speed Boost, makes him even more dangerous), and some sets even run Hidden Power Ice with a mixed spread alongside Fire Blast for Skarmory.

To sum it up, Blaziken is one of the most dangerous Pokemon in the game, and when surrounded by a team that patches his weaknesses, he's too much for OU to handle. You're put in a position where if you stay in with a Pokemon that can't KO, you're likely to get swept by him. If you switch out, you're giving him a free Swords Dance and Speed Boost, and you're even more likely to get swept by him.
Richard and Blaziken

Richard and Blaziken

Pokédollars : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by Elementar Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:35 am

Goodra can be absolutely insane when used properly. It has amazing Sp. Def, boosted with Assault Vest. If you use it in a Rain Team, Rest with Hydration keeps it there for ages. Give it Dragon Pulse and Sludge Wave and Goodra is a big powerhouse. Other pseudo legendaries are just as powerful technically.
Elementar

Elementar
Grandmaster Tactician

Grandmaster Tactician

Back to top Go down

Post by Woyaojinkela Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:47 am

7JayDee7 wrote:Goodra can be absolutely insane when used properly.  It has amazing Sp. Def, boosted with Assault Vest.  If you use it in a Rain Team, Rest with Hydration keeps it there for ages.  Give it Dragon Pulse and Sludge Wave and Goodra is a big powerhouse.  Other pseudo legendaries are just as powerful technically.
for special walling, chansey is way better, for rain team, kingdra is more dangerous because swift swim and stab hydro pump
Woyaojinkela

Woyaojinkela
fish

fish

Back to top Go down

Post by Elementar Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:53 pm

You can use Kingdra with Goodra in the same Rain Team because they have different roles.
Elementar

Elementar
Grandmaster Tactician

Grandmaster Tactician

Back to top Go down

Post by Woyaojinkela Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:28 pm

well, manaphy is better in rain than goodra but manaphy is a legendary. I just can't find a spot for it because you need politoed for rain, kabutops kingdra, mega swampeart, ludicolo are all better than goodra in rain. But goodra is good in rain in uu, but rain isn't that good in there.
Woyaojinkela

Woyaojinkela
fish

fish

Back to top Go down

Post by Elementar Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:31 am

Well, technically, Slaking is the strongest non-legendary in terms of base stats, but its ability hinders this. Otherwise, it's really hard to compare all the pseudo legendaries as they all vary greatly in their roles.
Elementar

Elementar
Grandmaster Tactician

Grandmaster Tactician

Back to top Go down

Post by Woyaojinkela Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:37 am

just by stats, it is hard to compare the pseudo legendary, otherwise, put in the factor of ability and moveset, it is not so hard to compare. Pseudo legendaries like metagross are simply not as good as others.
Woyaojinkela

Woyaojinkela
fish

fish

Back to top Go down

Post by Woyaojinkela Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:20 pm

The winner is blaziken and pseudo legendary. Though we don't know if the two people who voted the pseudo legendary voted the same pokemon.
Woyaojinkela

Woyaojinkela
fish

fish

Back to top Go down

Post by Elementar Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:35 pm

We probably needed more popularity.
Elementar

Elementar
Grandmaster Tactician

Grandmaster Tactician

Back to top Go down

Post by Woyaojinkela Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:56 pm

yeah, actually, we might just leave the poll there
Woyaojinkela

Woyaojinkela
fish

fish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top