PokéForumunity
Welcome to PokéForumunity! It appears you are logged out. Please login for additional features and content. If you don't have an account already, please feel free to make one to receieve additional features and content.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PokéForumunity
Welcome to PokéForumunity! It appears you are logged out. Please login for additional features and content. If you don't have an account already, please feel free to make one to receieve additional features and content.
PokéForumunity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OU Cores, anyone?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

OU Cores, anyone? Empty OU Cores, anyone?

Post by Azalea Rain Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:22 pm

I think that it would be nice to have a thread where people can post (or find) some OU cores that have seen some degree of success. Make sure to put an explanation of how each one would work, and some potential problems your core could face.

I'll start:

Umbreon + Mega Venusaur

Yes, I know that Umbreon isn't OU. (I can't help it, it's my favorite Pokemon after using it so much.) However, that doesn't mean it isn't viable. Umbreon has surprisingly high mixed bulk (his uninvested Special Defense is pretty large, leaving a lot of room to beef up his physical defense) and can use Foul Play to get around his horrid offensive stats. Cleric Umbreon with Foul Play is able to beat a huge blanket of OU Pokemon.

However, even though Umbreon can 1v1 a third or more of OU, things like Fairy and Fighting Pokemon beat him pretty hard. Mega Venusaur resists both such attacks, allowing it to beat Clefable, MAltaria, Sylveon, Azumarill, Conkeldurr, and other things that Umbreon can't stand up to. (Not to mention Mega Venusaur is just annoyingly bulky.)

However, not all is well for the duo. One glaring hole in the strategy is Fighting/Psychic Pokemon that have STAB to smack both of them with. (Mega Gallade, Mega Medicham, etc) Tornadus-T and Mega Alakazam are also pains to deal with (they often carry Focus Blast) but Umbreon can take them on if it's mostly healthy. Specially Defensive Talonflame and Heatran also take hardly any damage from a burned Umbreon, can can openly beat Venusaur.

In other words, teammates can include a devoted Physically Defensive Pokemon (like Hippowdon or Skarmory)
a devoted Specially Defensive Pokemon (Chansey, Togekiss, Sylveon)
Keldeo or Slowbro

Azalea Rain

Azalea Rain
Helper

Helper

Pokédollars : 789

Back to top Go down

OU Cores, anyone? Empty Re: OU Cores, anyone?

Post by Woyaojinkela Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:08 pm

If i remembered correctly, no moves should hit all pokemon in a core for neutral damage. A core should have three pokemon.
Good core analysis though, thanks.
just saying, mega medicham 2hko skarm.
240+ Atk Pure Power Mega Medicham High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 219-258 (65.5 - 77.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
so basically if mega medicham gets a free switch in into that core, one poke of the core is going to die.
If you are using physical wall for the third spot, the special attacker you mentioned will be a pain to deal with, if you use a special wall, the physical attacker you mentioned will be a pain to deal with.
One last thing,
252+ SpA Mega Venusaur Sludge Bomb vs. +1 252 HP / 84+ SpD Clefable: 188-224 (47.7 - 56.8%) -- 38.7% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
venusaur can't really counter clefable.
Woyaojinkela

Woyaojinkela
fish

fish

Pokédollars : 9312

Back to top Go down

Post by Azalea Rain Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:28 pm

Yeah, you're right. I forgot to include this, but oftentimes a partner I include is Assault Vest Metagross to take on Alakazam, etc; with maximum hp and sp def investment, it takes almost nothing from psychic stab, and even super effective coverage moves don't do that much. For example:
252 SpA Life Orb Alakazam Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Assault Vest Mega Metagross: 117-138 (32.1 - 37.9%) -- 93.2% chance to 3HKO

and even with no attack investment, pursuit ohkos if it tries to switch

i would use TTar, but the focus blast would hurt it too much, vest or no vest. not to mention MVenu hates sand
Azalea Rain

Azalea Rain
Helper

Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Woyaojinkela Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:31 pm

That core's problem is mainly mega medicham.
240+ Atk Pure Power Mega Medicham High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Metagross: 306-360 (84 - 98.9%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
basically you don't have a switchin to it.
also, that core is kind of weak to bisharp. i might be wrong though, if u run hp fire on mega venu, it probably isn't a big problem.
Woyaojinkela

Woyaojinkela
fish

fish

Pokédollars : 9312

Back to top Go down

Post by Azalea Rain Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:35 pm

I could probably run slowbro for MMedicham and MGallade, but that leaves me with another weakness to bisharp
Azalea Rain

Azalea Rain
Helper

Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum