PokéForumunity
Welcome to PokéForumunity! It appears you are logged out. Please login for additional features and content. If you don't have an account already, please feel free to make one to receieve additional features and content.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PokéForumunity
Welcome to PokéForumunity! It appears you are logged out. Please login for additional features and content. If you don't have an account already, please feel free to make one to receieve additional features and content.
PokéForumunity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In the moonlight n°12: Xerneas

View previous topic View next topic Go down

In the moonlight n°12: Xerneas Empty In the moonlight n°12: Xerneas

Post by Champion Blackwolf Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:22 pm

In the moonlight n°12: Xerneas Xernea10
Xerneas is the legendary Pokemon that represents version X. Along with Sylveon, it introduced the cute, foul, haxy fairy type (that I often refer to as “unfairy”) for Gen6. It is a true legendary Pokemon, with a 680 base stat total. Yet, the stat spread is very odd: Xerneas is one of the four legendaries with a 600+ BST but absolutely no base stat at 150 or higher, the other ones being Yveltal, Kyurem (base form), and Arceus. When I first saw Xerneas' stats, I even added them up to check they actually had a total of 680: HP 126, Atk 131, Def 95, SpA 131, SpD 98, speed 99. The strange thing is, that is enough for such a Pokemon, even in Ubers, first because of its ability, Fairy Aura (fairy moves gain 1/3 of power), then because of its signature move, Geomancy, that raises by two stages its special attack, special defense and speed in two turns, one when combined with a Power Herb. This Pokemon can sweep a whole Uber team if you let it setup.

How to play it?
In the moonlight n°12: Xerneas Xernea11
Uber tier of course, it's broken enough. With a power herb, it uses Geomancy in one turn (once per battle). Second move, Moonblast, base power 142 with the fairy STAB, 189 with Fairy Aura. Fire type Pokemon (with the exception of Reshiram and Blaziken) can still wall this move, even with the Geomancy boost, and can retaliate with a physical move (Precipice Blades, Earthquake from Primal-Groudon, Sacred Fire from Ho-Oh). Steel types wall it too (not Lucario or Dialga), and poison types, rare in Ubers (Mega-Gengar though). Xerneas has few special coverage moves, but it can still learn Thunderbolt, Psychic, Psyshock, Flash Cannon, Hidden Power (ground if possible). You can pick two of them. You're still going to get walled by Ho-Oh, Multiscale Lugia, and a bulky Arceus. Watch out for the Extreme Killer Arceus set, or Bullet Punch Mega-Scizor.  For the Evs, 252 with modest nature in special attack, 248 in HP, 8 in defense. No need to increase speed, it will double.

If you don't know how to deal with Xerneas you can quickly become “pixiphobic”. Well, I am “pixiphobic” but that's mainly because of Mega-Mawile, Togekiss, Klefki and Whimsicott. Anyway, even if you send out another Xerneas, the boosted opponent can OHKO it. Besides the counters listed above, you can copy its stats with Ditto and Moonblast your way. I can also handle a boosted Xerneas with a specially defensive Wobbuffet. I either select Mirror Coat and, if Wobbuffet survives the Moonblast, Xerneas doesn't, or I select Destiny Bond: if Wobbuffet survives, Xerneas will either finish it off and faint, or stall with Geomancy. Then I lock it on Geomancy with Encore and I switch to my Arceus to setup and get the job done.

In the moonlight n°12: Xerneas Deal_w10
Deal with it

Of course other Pokemon can counter Xerneas by relying on a focus sash, but there's still Stealth Rock. Anyway, Xerneas (like every other fairy besides Snubbull and Granbull) is here to remind you something about grace and beauty.
In the moonlight n°12: Xerneas It_s_a10

By Champion Blackwolf. I do not own the pictures. Next topic: Blaziken, by Sunday.
Champion Blackwolf

Champion Blackwolf

Pokédollars : 904

Back to top Go down

In the moonlight n°12: Xerneas Empty Re: In the moonlight n°12: Xerneas

Post by Woyaojinkela Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:55 pm

Thunder is better than thunderbolt on xerneas because it is mainly for kyogre-primal and moonblast from xerneas hits harder than a super effective thunderbolt anyway. Ho-oh can't wall xerneas after a geomancy boost if it has thunder. Xerneas with choice scarf is also viable, revenge kill darkrai pretty well. I have also seen a clerc set with aromatheorpy and leftovers, also kind of viable. But geomancy set is the best Very Happy
Woyaojinkela

Woyaojinkela
fish

fish

Pokédollars : 9312

Back to top Go down

Post by Knightmare Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:49 pm

Thanks for the article. I actually learned some btw about Xerneas and the background which is cool Smile looking forward to the Blaziken one!
Knightmare

Knightmare
Administrator

Administrator

Pokédollars : 1271

https://pokeforumunity.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Champion Blackwolf Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:57 am

Due to vacation, the Blaziken article is coming late. Kabutops, Gyarados and Mewtwo will follow
Champion Blackwolf

Champion Blackwolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Elementar Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:45 am

^^ I can't wait for those articles. Keep up the good articles!
Elementar

Elementar
Grandmaster Tactician

Grandmaster Tactician

Pokédollars : 1341

Back to top Go down

Post by Champion Blackwolf Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:15 pm

I'm done translating the Blaziken article. Incoming soon Smile
Champion Blackwolf

Champion Blackwolf