PokéForumunity
Welcome to PokéForumunity! It appears you are logged out. Please login for additional features and content. If you don't have an account already, please feel free to make one to receieve additional features and content.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PokéForumunity
Welcome to PokéForumunity! It appears you are logged out. Please login for additional features and content. If you don't have an account already, please feel free to make one to receieve additional features and content.
PokéForumunity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In the moonlight n°10: Zangoose

View previous topic View next topic Go down

In the moonlight n°10: Zangoose Empty In the moonlight n°10: Zangoose

Post by Champion Blackwolf Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:27 am

In the moonlight n°10: Zangoose Zangoo10
Zangoose is a third generation Pokemon available only on route 114, in Ruby Version (Seviper replacing it in Sapphire and Emerald). Arch-enemy of Seviper, Zangoose because the strongest of the two during their rivalry. They have the same base stat total of 458 (decent for Pokemon that never evolve) but a different spread. They have the same base HP (78) and defensive stats (60 each), but Seviper has each base offensive stat at 100 and a 65 base speed, while Zangoose had a 115 base attack and a 90 base speed. This makes Seviper slow, fragile and unable to deal heavy damage while its rival Zangoose may be fragile, but has decent speed and can hit hard enough with physical moves and doesn't need special.
Zangoose's abilities clearly show its many fights with Seviper enabled it to adapt to the enemy. It has indeed access to Immunity, which protects it from poisoning (Seviper being a poison type Pokemon), and to Toxic Boost, which raises the power of its physical moves by 50% while poisoned. Do you remember my Guts Heracross set? Toxic Boost Zangoose hits even harder with facade: base power 70, raises to 140 with poison, 210 with normal STAB, 315 with Toxic Boost. Well you can still top that with Explosion from Refrigerate Mega-Glalie or Blast Burn from Mega-Charizard-Y in sun (1v1) but this is still great power we're dealing with. Zangoose wins the fight with Seviper for sure.

How to play it?

In the moonlight n°10: Zangoose Zangoo11
NU tier. I sometimes play it in monotype too. I remember it sweeping a whole team, but Zangoose still has limited speed (306 maximum). Give it Toxic boost and a toxic orb. Start with either Protect to activate toxic orb without taking damage, or Swords Dance to increase your power even more. Second move, facade, enough said. The last two moves are up to you, considering Zangoose can learn Night Slash, Close Combat, Brick Break, Pursuit, Ice Punch, Thunder Punch, Poison Jab... My third move is Quick attack for its limited speed, and my fourth move is Shadow Claw to hit ghosts and for the high crit chance. Also with both Shadow Claw and Facade Zangoose has a perfect neutral coverage: Shadow Claw hits the rock, steel and ghost types that would wall normal moves such as Facade. Quick Attack helps dealing serious damage with priority. In other words, everything in the opponent's team that isn't both too fast for Facade and too bulky for Quick Attack will be treated like Sevipers.

By Champion Blakwolf. I do not own the pictures. Next topic: Exeggutor. I know this one is really short, but after all, there's only one form and one set to deal with, I haven't found other efficient ways to play Zangoose. If you know one, feel free to tell me Wink
Champion Blackwolf

Champion Blackwolf

Pokédollars : 904

Back to top Go down

In the moonlight n°10: Zangoose Empty Re: In the moonlight n°10: Zangoose

Post by Woyaojinkela Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:39 am

can zangoose learn knock off?
Woyaojinkela

Woyaojinkela
fish

fish

Pokédollars : 9312

Back to top Go down

Post by Champion Blackwolf Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:52 am

It can, yes!
Champion Blackwolf

Champion Blackwolf

Pokédollars : 904

Back to top Go down

Post by Knightmare Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:46 pm

Nice article.

I remember playing Ruby. That old music back in the day. I miss the old games and their graphics.
Knightmare

Knightmare
Administrator

Administrator

Pokédollars : 1271

https://pokeforumunity.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Champion Blackwolf Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:14 am

Indeed, good old times. I started with Ruby and that really was something Smile
Champion Blackwolf

Champion Blackwolf